Monday, October 29, 2012

Scripture Changes Lives!

"Arise and come forth unto me, that ye may thrust your hands into my side, and also that ye may feel the prints of the nails in my hands and in my feet, that ye may know that I am the God of Israel, and the God of the whole earth, and have been slain for the sins of the world." 3 Nephi 11:14

This verse reminds me of a very powerful experience I had while I was attending school in Idaho. It was my first semester there and my first official religion class I ever took and stuck with. The instructor was amazing and so in tuned with the Spirit. I remember one of the most powerful and astounding feeling and vision I have ever had in my life. We talked about Christ coming to visit these people in the Americas. Then the instructor brought our minds to the thought of what it would be like if Christ would walk in right now to us. He said that everything would move away from him in his path because of the great power he holds and how every thing would bow down to his feet. I imagined the power he would have and how I would lovingly, meekly and graciously fall at the feet of my Savior as he would approach me individual and talk to me. He would call me by name and bide me to come to him so I could feel the wounds in his hands and feet.

As I thought about placing my hands in those wounds I would feel with in my heart an overwhelming gratitude for him. For I would know as I do now know that He is the Christ and He has atoned for my sins and suffered so much so that I could come unto Him and live with him after this life. I couldn't even begin to imagine all that these blessed people were able to experience as they were able to witness Our Great Redeemer come to administer unto them.