Friday, October 5, 2012

Jesus Christ: True Strength

Life is not easy, we all know this and we all struggle and suffer. Our pains and trials come to us, as if in the worst most inappropriate time of all. We feel down and then something else comes along and kicks us where it hurts the most. Its hard. Where do we find our solace? Is there a Balm in Gilead?

We may be struggling with a marriage or friendship. We may have recently lost a job or lost a home, or we may have lost a loved one. The circumstances that come to our lives are unpredictable and catch us off guard. How do we find strength within to deal with these events that happen and how can we find peace among the chaos?

Jesus Christ is as old as time, he has been talked, preached, and prophesied about. It seems absurd by some to always have the answer be Jesus Christ but there is truth here within this Divine title. Jesus Christ can be our strength and comfort during these most trying and difficult times in our lives. Helaman 5:12 "And now, my sons, remember, remember that it is upon the rock of our Redeemer, who is Christ, the Son of God, that ye must build your foundation; that when the devil shall send forth his mighty winds, yea his shafts in the whirlwind, yea, when all his hail and his mighty storm shall beat upon you it shall have no power over you to drag you down to the gulf of misery and endless wo, because of the rock upon which ye are built, which is a sure foundation, a foundation  whereon if men build they cannot fall." This is a promise to us all. If we build upon Christ we will find comfort, strength, peace, and  hope through our most hardest and unbearable trials.

Over the recent years I have faced some of the most unbearable trials of my life. Many of them have driven me to the point of breaking and giving up. But as I continued to have faith in Christ and keep his commandments I was blessed beyond measure with a strength that I know was not mine, it was a strength from my heart helping me through that was bestowed upon me from Heaven.
 

I have seen all my trials help me grow and become someone better. They have guided me to a path that has brought about so much happiness and satisfaction. They are no longer stumbling blocks but building blocks twined with blessings poured out from God himself. All that has come to my life all the good and the strength and hope has been from Jesus Christ. He has suffered all things so that we might not have to suffer them as he did. He knows how to succor us and heal us, we must humbly come to him on bowed knees, having our hearts open to him. Blessings will come. Things will get better even when they dont seem to be. The most darkest time of the night is right before the breaking of the sun. We may be at the most darkest time of our life but just remember the sun will break through and we will see our lives blessed. God is by our side to help us, giving us angels to bear us up. D&C 84:88