Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Scripture of the Day

"Yea, verily, verily I say unto you, if all men had been, and were, and ever would be, like unto Moroni, behold, the very powers of hell would have been shaken forever; yea, the devil would never have power over the hearts of the children of men." Alma 48:17

As I sat on the train today heading into the office I had the opportunity to listen to Alma 47-51. This scripture was read and reminded me of my mom when I was growing up. This scripture is such a powerful one, reading it alone sends chills up your spine.
Have you ever stopped to think that someone could be so great that the very powers of hell would shake. Yes we all know of Jesus Christ but other than him. We all have the potential to be great and overcome the power of the devil so he would never have power over our hearts. I love captain Moroni, his story and character is an example that empowers my soul to lift higher. I looked up to this man and pondered the magnitude of the very meaning and dreamed of this very characteristic in all of us. If we were all like this man the power we all would hold and the ability we would have to over come the Devil but most incredibly being able to have hell shake forever.