Monday, October 8, 2012

General Conference Overview

This past weekend was General Conference. For those that have no idea what I am talking about let me explain a little. For members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints every April and October there is held what we call General Conference. This is where the leaders of the Church the Prophet and Apostles and other General Authorities speak to us about the things they have felt inspired to address us about.
It has been a wonderful, edifying and uplifting weekend. For those that have heard these words spoken and have been touched so tenderly by the Spirit you may have felt as I have a bit of sadness that it has come to an end. But we still have these marvelous words and burning light of the Spirit within our hearts to go forth and to make necessary changes in our lives.
I have loved every single talk that has been given over the pulpit this past weekend. As I looked back and reviewed all the notes I have recorded I saw that this General Conference was about Missionary Work, our great call as members. We were taught about the Book of Mormon, the Plan of Salvation, life after death, death itself, family, treating children, love, service, and so much more. If you were unable to listen to these prophetic words and counsel I bide you to do so. I know that as you read, listen, or watch these words will come into your heart and you will feel as though they are addressing you personally-they are because they have addressed me personally.
For those needing comfort and understanding about death
Elder Bowen gives an inspiring and comfort address to the soul.
There are many other edifying talks that you can listen to or watch just click here

Also if you have questions or want to talk to someone you can chat online