Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Scripture of the Day

"Learn of me, and listen to my words; walk in the meekness of my Spirit, and you shall have peace in me." D&C 19:23

I Love this verse! The recipe to having peace in our life is just this: to learn of Christ, listen to his words, and to walk in meekness following His Spirit.
Everyone wants peace in their life but we all seem to strive to find different means and quick fixes to get that peace. In the end they don't last and they fail to satisfy that everlasting hunger our hearts desire. Christ is the way, the only way, and he will always be the only way to find the things we truly want. Its simple and plain as that if we want peace then we must learn of Christ for he is the only way that we can find peace. He is the author and creator of peace and this world, so of course he knows how to give us peace. Learn and listen of Christ and follow his example, you will then obtain peace and happiness in this life.