Monday, November 12, 2012

Scripture of the Day

"And whatsoever thing persuadeth men to do good is of me; for good cometh of none save it be of me. I am the same that leadeth men to all good." Ether 4:12

There are many thoughts that run through our head each and every day. We have feelings, impressions, promptings and countless other things within our life. Sometimes we have those moments where we stop and think about them. "Are these my thoughts or are these thoughts of God?" I know that I have asked this question plenty of times in my life but I still don't know the answer to them all. But this scriptures helps us to see and for me to know that every thing that leads me to do good comes from God. I doesn't matter on if its my thought or Gods, the truth of the matter is that if it leads me to do God in the end it is from Him.

We can see within our life that by our actions we can come to know who we follow after. I love that if we want to know what our hearts intentions are and what we strive after it is shown forth through what we do. If we desire to do good and help others that will be shown forth through how we act and in the end we will see that we are following after God. All these things starts with our thoughts, our thoughts ultimately turn into our actions. So if we want good in our life we must have good thoughts, we must seek after God. For all things good come from him for he is the author of all these good things.