Monday, November 19, 2012

Quote of the Day



“Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. People come into our lives for a reason, a season, or a lifetime.” 

I love this quote. Sometimes we forget how much power we hold within our grasps and the acts that which we can do can affect a life more than we know. There are many things we can do and the limit we have is without measure. We can help a life that is in desperate need without knowing they are and save them from the despair that they are in. 

The smallest of acts that we can give can go the longest way. The act of just a simple smile can be a blessing to someone. A touch or a kind word can do unprecedented things to anyone. I remember walking to class when I was in college and someone that I never met smiled at me, that act made my day so much better. Before then I wasn’t feeling the best, there was much weighing upon me and as they smiled at me those things no longer mattered. It made me feel, as though I didn’t know that person, that they cared enough to smile and acknowledge who I am. 

Whether it is smiling at someone, listening to another, complimenting them, or just caring in whatever way it may be there is potential in it all and will affect them more than we could ever imagine. I recall having someone give me a hug or touching my side that it helped me to feel the love of my God and know that he is there with me. We have divine potential and we can help the lives around us if we just do those small acts. So when you walk down the street try to look someone in the eyes and smile at them or tell that person that you like their outfit. You will bless their life as well as make you feel good inside as well.