Sunday, January 6, 2013

Scripture of the Day-Strength

"I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me." Philippians 4:13

All of us have our struggles and when they come we need that hope that will sustain us. More times than not within those moments that consume us we ask how and where that relief will come. We desire for hope, peace, comfort, care, love, and value but in those times the words that we once said only seemed the easiest when we weren't in the midst of our trials. For me as these trials come I turn towards the scriptures, for I now that as I do I find those things that I need the most. This scripture illustrates how this is possible and the power in which we find in our life to endure a little longer. Christ is the source of all things good and righteous, we are strengthened by him even when we don't know or believe in him.

No matter what it is that comes into our life, no matter how large the mountain or rough the terrain we will be blessed, strengthened, to do that which we may think we cannot do. Christ is all powerful and we can find so much more strength from him through the scriptures which testify of him. As we read the scriptures we draw our hearts closer to God enabling us to tap into the true source of strength the Atonement of Jesus Christ.