Monday, January 21, 2013

Scripture of the Day-Service

"Whosoever will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me. For whosoever will save his life shall lose it; but whosoever shall lose his life for my sake and the gospel's, the same shall save it." Mark 8:34-35

I love these verses. I have grown to understand these things so much more in the past years. I never really understood how this is possible but as I implemented this into my life I have come to see how true it is. When we follow Christ we are doing as he has done which is serving others. These verses connect so well to one of my favorite scripture in the Book of Mormon.

"When ye are in the service of your fellow beings ye are only in the service of your God" Mosiah 2:17

We serve God through serving other people. And as we do the things which he has asked us to do, taking up his cross and following Christ he will bless us to find our lives. It is through service that we forget ourselves becoming concerned with others that all our worries and troubles fade away. God blesses us as we help his children and continues to do so, it is his promise to us that he will bless us and we shall truly find ourselves in the service of our God.

Mormonism
Missionary Chat