Sunday, September 11, 2016

Choosing Happiness: La Jolla

I must admit that this blog post and the others that follow after its manner are more for me to document my life and time here in San Diego. Later down the road it will provide me with an overall view of how I am choosing happiness now by being actively engaged in living life. For all who may read these posts about my choosing happiness I hope you may find the simple enjoyment as I do in living after the manner of happiness (see 2 Nephi 2:27),

La Jolla
Friday, after my interview, I headed up to La Jolla to attend a session in the San Diego temple. I've loved this temple since I saw it for the first time as a little girl. It seems like a dream to say this is the temple I attend. It's beauty is breath taking and I am in awe every time my eyes gaze upon it. I sat in the celestial room for some time, embracing the peace and quietness that presides within those sacred walls. I truly needed that moment there in the celestial room. San Diego is a big city and it's never ending hustle is exhausting. It was calming to get away from the noise and hustle of the city. 
Sunset at La Jolla Shores
Afterwards, I went shopping and then ended up at La Jolla shores to watch the sunset. As I watched the sunset I had the thought that I don't get these experiences in Madison. How grateful I am to be here and partake in the beauty that surrounds me. Sitting on the beach my mind and body came in tuned with the surroundings. The sound of the crashing of waves with the rolling water to the shore mixed with the sent of salt water in the air was so relaxing and tranquil. 
Black Beach
Saturday I decided I wanted to go boogie boarding. I planned to go to Mission Beach but remembered there was a trail in La Jolla I wanted to hike which ended at the coast. The trail was carved out by surfer's years ago, who attended the university in La Jolla.

So the plan was to get up in the morning and hike the trail to the beach and boogie board. The hike has amazing views of the ocean, but was pretty intense. On the way down wasn't bad but on the way back up was a challenge, it didn't help that I was tired from boogie boarding. But I made back in one piece with minor cuts and bruises and a hurt ego from slipping off a rock, luckily no broken bones and no one witnesses.

View from the trail looking to Black Beach
It is a secluded beach where local surfers go, but to my astonishment where people went to bear all. Just north of where the trail ended was a nude beach, hence the secluded part. I made sure to stay a fair distance away from that area. But I had so much fun boogie boarding and doing what I love the most when I go to the beach. I am so grateful to be blessed with these moments to explore San Diego and do things that make me happy.
             Happiness is a choice.