Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Scripture of the Day-Forgiveness

"And he said unto here, Thy sins are forgiven.....And he said to the woman, Thy faith hath saved thee; go in peace." Luke 7:48, 50

I love these verses that I read today. As I woke up this morning my thoughts were turned to the things I did previously and I pondered did I do the right thing. This then lead to me think about how I have constantly prayed to my Heavenly Father for the forgiveness of my sins.

I remember reading an article by President Boyd K. Packer this quote stood out to me. "The promise of the gospel of Jesus Christ and the Atonement: to take anyone who comes, anyone who will join, and put them through an experience so that at the end of their life, they can go through the veil having repented of their sins and having been washed clean through the blood of Christ."

One of the last and most essential steps of the repentance process and tapping into the enabling power of the Atonement is forgiveness of ourselves. In order for us to complete this process and let go of everything that we have holding on our shoulders we must forgive ourselves. As I thought of myself I realized that I did not forgive myself for the things that I have asked Heavenly Father to forgive me of, I knew that he has forgiven me but I must forgive and let go. This is the importance and central purpose of the Atonement of Jesus Christ.