Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Scripture of the Day-Adveristy &Friends

"Peace be unto thy soul; thine adversity and thine afflictions shall be but a small moment; And then, if thou endure it well, God shall exalt thee on high; thou shalt triumph over all thy foes. Thy friends do stand by thee, and they shall hail thee again with warm hearts and friendly hands."   D&C 121:7-9

I listened to these verses today and they touched a cord in my heart that gave me confidence and enlightenment to know that God is aware of my afflictions and that he has sent angels and blessings down upon me. Verse 7 is one of my favorite scriptures. Every time I am going through a hard circumstance I read this verse and it gives me hope and encouragement to press through what ever it is I am dealing with.

God was talking to Joseph Smith originally in this texts but it is very symbolic and we can hear as it were God talking to each of us. Our afflictions may seem huge and never ending but God has reassured us that our trials will only be a small moment and they will help us to become better.

The part that is the most moving and that touched my heart so tenderly was when it said "thy friends do stand by thee...with warm hearts." We have been blessed so much in our life and when we are feeling down we can look around at our friends and know that they stand by us to help us willing to do whatever it is to give us that hope we so desperately need. God knows us and is very aware of us. Our afflictions may seem great at the moment but they will be small. We can see the blessings that lay around us as we see the blessings of friendship as they stand with us in love and support.